1. Fathers with visitation rights pay 79.1% of child support. (Source: U.S. Census Bureau)
2. 44.5% of fathers with no visitation rights still financially support their children. (Source: U.S. Census Bureau)
3. 66% of all child support not paid by non-custodial fathers is due to inability to pay. (Source: U.S. General Accounting Office Report)
4. 66% of single mothers work less than full time while only 10% of single fathers fall into this category. (Source: Garansky and Meyer, DHHS Technical Analysis Paper No. 42)
5. Almost 47% of non-custodial mothers default on child support compared with the 27% of fathers who default. (Source: Garansky and Meyer, DHHS Technical Analysis Paper No. 42)
6. Roughly 835,000 men are assaulted annually by an intimate partner every year. (Source: U.S. Department of Justice)
7. 370,990 men are stalked annually in the United States. (Source: U.S. Department of Justice)
8. In relationships where one person was violent, over 70% was committed by the woman. (Source: Center for Disease Control, American Journal Of Public Health)
9. When both parties were violent, women were more likely to repeat the violence or assault. (Source: Center for Disease Control, American Journal Of Public Health)
10. The United States Supreme Court in Bearden v. Georgia held that courts cannot imprison a person for failure to pay a criminal fine unless the failure to pay was "willful." This constitutional commandment is often ignored.
If you need help with a child support modification, contact the divorce lawyers for men at Cordell & Cordell.
Use the Child Support Calculator on DadsDivorce.com for an estimated amount of how much child support you should be paying.